LASIK eye surgery is a treatment that reshapes the cornea in order to produce clear vision. The LASIK refractive eye surgery procedure can treat myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism, and reduce patientsâ€™ dependency on contact lenses and glasses.
Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
Advancement in the field of medical field ensured that Lasik eye surgery become an extremely simple and safe affair. However, to gain completely from it people are advised to get involved with the entire surgical procedure. This would help them to understand the entire procedure and also give them a fair idea as to what can they expect from the surgery. Given below is a list of questions you must ask your surgeon prior to the surgery.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Where would I be treated?
- Are your facilities accredited?
- Do you think my decision to go for surgery is right?
- What are the things I need to ensure for the best results?
- What are the procedures of the surgery?
- How long will be my recovery period post surgery and what kind of help will I need during that period?
- What are the risks and complications associated with the surgery?
- How do you handle the complications, if any?
- If not satisfied with the results, what are my options?
- How much would I be charged?
Estimated Cost of Lasik Eye Surgery?
The cost of Lasik eye surgery is determined by quite a few factors, including the surgeon who is conducting the surgery, his experience, the part of the country where the treatment is to take place, the hospital or clinic where surgery would be done etc. The complication of the state of the eyes also plays a significant role in deciding how much one has to pay for the surgery.
How to Choose a Surgeon
As with any surgery, the success of eye surgery also depends on the efficiency of the surgeon. No stone therefore should be left unturned to avail the services of the best surgeon. Give below are a few points that would help you in this desire of yours. Just ensure that your surgeon isIs a member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
Possesses the necessary experience and skills required in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
Practices only in accredited medical facilities and adhere to the strict code of ethics applicable in the medical field.
Enjoys positive reputation amongst patients he might have treated.
Answers all your questions related to the surgery satisfactorily.